Flat fees between $50-$500 depending on complexity
Basic Book Cover -Starts at $50
- 3 font choices for title and author name.
- You provide one background or I find a simple background.
- No image manipulation needed
Cover was provided for this one.
Mid Range Book Cover -Starts at $100
- Includes 3 font choices
- I search for images for background
- Simple image manipulation
For this one, the background was lightened and colored. Border placed.
Premium Book Cover -Starts at $150-USD
(depending on how many images are used and how much image manipulation is needed for background.)
- Includes 5 font choices
- I will research stock photography for you. Free and paid. You pay for any images that have to be purchased.
- image manipulation: resizing, blending, special effects, coloring, etc.
The Process – what to expect
- You tell me what the book is about and tell me your thoughts on what you envision as the cover.
- If you have any pre-existing photos/artwork, you give me those. Or I can search for images based on your vision for your cover. I search for images on free photo sites such as Pixabay, Unsplash, Pexels, etc., and some paid sites such as istock, which is very reasonable at 12.00 – 33.00 per image. If you want an image from a paid site, you will need to create an account with them and purchase it, then email it to me so I can work with it.
- You give me the text for the cover, back and spine.
- I mock up three different low resolution layouts and you pick a direction. You can work on the the cover text while I work on the artwork and layouts if you need to.)
- Then we work it until you’re happy with it, usually 6-8 passes. So you need to take your time with each pass and think about the changes you wish to make so that we don’t go back and forth and round and round forever! 😀 (It’s happened!)
- You approve the final and I make the high resolution versions and send them to you in .pdf and .jpeg formats.